03 Musings: Privilege

Privilege.

Owning a laptop is a privilege, having air-condition and a room and living in the safest country in the World is a privilege. Without a lack of money or having to worry about survival - that itself is the biggest privilege I can afford in the World.

It's a term that's taken for granted so easily, especially for where I'm geographically located. Being granted a Citizenship of a first-world country is a privilege itself.

Once the basic needs of survival have been met, now we're focused on improving the quality of life. With high-quality life conditions met more or less next, will be grooming ourselves from head to toe and seeking entertainment. Just seeking these out alone, itself is time-consuming and overwhelming to manage.

Here's where we neglect most - the people around us or outside the circle.

It's so easy to get entrapped around your own bubble and not care about what's happening outside your control. That is where most - if not all of us fall prey towards.

As a girl, constantly looking at the mirror and shopping seems so natural and easy. Which leads to an insurmountable of money spent on these frivolous expenditures. This pretty much sums up what lifestyle I'm leading, I don't go out drinking or partying but it's definitely plenty of superfluous time spent and money wasted.

The two years between graduation and now, a flurry of things occurred at once and I feel lucky and thankful to be where I am right now. To find a job two week within graduation and not even spending any effort in looking for one but already scoring a full-time job with decent pay for a fresh diploma graduate. It's amazing how coincidence and fate lead to an experience like this. I've learned a lot and encountered various hardships as well as new experiences.

Even now, I'm still very flawed as a person and lacking a lot in skills too. I'm still as unconfident of my abilities, there are a lot to learn but I'm unmotivated to push myself.

In a way my whole life, my family didn't suffered too much financially we're probably between a low to middle income traditional small knitted family of 3 plus one. But emotionally, we're all snails and turtles. I'm a very emotionally detached person, I can't express love or care easily with words. I feel like we're all pretty awkward and it's just there were too many things that happened for me to feel easily at peace and be... whoever myself means.

--
9/5/2016


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#01 Musings - 'Socially Acceptable'

05 Musings: Phases

/Today/